Tuesday, June 26, 2012

rimmel london lasting finish by kate lipsticks.



My initial attraction to this range of lipsticks derived from Kate Moss' input toward them.  I simply adore Kate, and her collaboration with Rimmel could not have been any better.  Personally, I am drawn to this range, not only because of Kate, but also the selection of colors; ultimately I would be buying them, and do not intend to let my money go to waste just because Kate, or any other celebrity for that matter, happens to be a contributor. It is quite rare to find a great color selection of lipsticks, let alone from high street brands, so as you may already tell, I love these lipsticks!

8, 12, 6, 9.

Originally I bought number 12, which is a true orange color, I loved it so much that I wanted to pick up a few more: numbers 8, 6, and 9.  I'd say number 8 would be absolutely stunning paired with a subtle smokey eye during the fall, same with 9, a berry red color.  Number 6 reminds me of the lipsticks from Iris Apfel for MAC collection which were all incredibly bright-right up my alley, so I immediately knew I had to buy number 6; I would describe it as a poppy coral.



Just a few  side notes:
  • I am not a fan whatsoever of shiny lipstick finishes, and unfortunately these lipsticks have a glossy look to them...BUT I have found that they can be easily maneuvered to a matte finish, as most lipsticks can. 
  • They faintly smell of some sort of plastic fruit, not necessarily unpleasant, just different
Now with the pros and cons.
Pros:
  • Readily available at most drugstores (I found mine at CVS)
  • Inexpensive, around $5
  • Pigmented
  • Sleek packaging
  • Average amount of product (4 grams)
Cons:
  • They don't really last too long, but that really doesn't bother me.
Overall, these arent the most amazing lipsticks ever, but they are really nice especially for the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment