Saturday, July 7, 2012

maybelline color show nail lacquers


{Porcelain Party, Audacious Asphalt, Keep Up the Flame,
Impeccable Greys, Twilight Rays}
Once I heard (..err...rather, read) about this nail polish line on UK blogs, I knew it would be of my interest. Much to my dismay, the collection had not arrived to the US quite yet (nothing new here!) so I waited patiently, as I usually do.

  There are a wide array of colors to choose from throughout this range, Maybelline truly knew what they were doing.  Of course there could be a few different shades to choose from, but I'm sure they will release a new collection sometime soon.

While these are some of the cheapest nail lacquers on the market, they only contain 0.23 fl. oz. or 7 mL of product.  This may seem like a disappointment to some, however I find it extremely tedious to actually finish an entire bottle of nail polish; in fact, I don't believe I ever have, unless you count shattering an entire bottle of glitter nail polish in your bathroom! 

I bought the colors porcelain party 380, audacious asphalt 390, keep up the flame 250, impeccable greys 410, and twilight rays 240. 

Pros:
  • Great color selection
  • Inexpensive ($3 @ Walmart)
  • Easily accessible at drugstores
  • Only 2 coats needed for most of the nail polishes
  • No top-coat needed, unless you like to prolong the wear of your nail polish.  Other than that, they dry pretty quick.
  • Smaller amount of product, which means you can get through a bottle faster without the product becoming too thick to use
Cons:
  • As the consumer, one may not appreciate the small amount of product. Like I've mentioned in the "pros", I actually prefer it!
Swatches:

Porcelain Party
Audacious Asphalt
Keep Up the Flame
Impeccable Greys
Twilight Rays

As usual, thanks for reading! xx isabella.

No comments:

Post a Comment