Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Revlon Balm Stains.

{Smitten (left) + Rendezvous (right)}
What Revlon says: 
"It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood."

What I say:
I've never tried out anything quite like a glossy stain, but I'm really impressed with the quality. There is a decent range of colors, from a dark red to a pale nude to a lilac pastel.  I love how it smells minty and fresh but doesn't tingle your lips.  I don't find it to be moisturizing nor drying.  That being said, those with dry lips may want to steer clear overall or exfoliate+moisturize their lips prior to using the balm stain.  I find the opacity can range from sheer to semi-opaque on the lips.  These last for a few hours on my lips, depending on the application.

As I have mentioned before, a glossy finish isn't my favorite but I obviously knew what I was getting myself into since "balm" is part of the name.  In order to get rid of the finish I just apply a minimal amount of product onto my lips, then rub both together and repeat until I achieve the amount of color I would like. 
I've heard these are comparable to the Clinique Chubby Sticks because of the aesthetics, as in the almost identical packaging, not the actual product.
Pros:
  • inexpensive (I found mine for $8 @Walmart)
  • readily available
  • choose from 12 diverse colors
  • stain lips for a decent amount of time (a few hours)
  • easy to work with the "crayon" tip
  • nice twist up packaging
  • unique product (certainly for drugstore/high street makeup)
Cons:
  • only 2.7 grams (Revlon Lip Butters are 2.55g & Revlon Lipsticks are 4.2g)





No comments:

Post a Comment